The Yorktown Hospital was built in the 1950’s and closed in the 1980’s. It was run by the Felician Sisters of the Roman Catholic Church. Therefore, it was complete with kitchen, chapel, and quarters where the nurses and priests lived. It was then used as a combination substance abuse rehabilitation center and mental hospital for several years before shutting down for good. Inventory lists attached to the side of a supply cabinet and medical records in a closet were all left behind when the hospital was closed.